Disclaimer: The text below is a press release that was not written by Cryptonews.com.
We would like to make an announcement about the delay of Global Chia Hackathon, held by Sirius Labs and Chia Network. A new date will be an-nounced later (The Hackathon was originally planned to start on July 18.)
This is a request from Chia Network Inc, in order to have more time to prepare properly their training materials for Chialisp Training Camp.
Gene Hoffman, COO of Chia Network:“The Chia team has just ended three large sprints to launch the blockchain, enable transactions and ship Chialisp, and deploy our new pooling protocol.” “We want to make sure this Hacka-thon is a success for everyone, especially the participants, so we’ve asked Sir-ius Labs to move the schedule out a few more weeks so we can have better Chialisp tooling and training material ready for participants.”
Pre-submission for the Hackathon, however is open for application. (Demo: slides/whitepaper/video).
Now let’s take a look at this very first Global Hackathon for Chia Network
If You Can Code, This is Exactly For You!
Global Chia Hackathon is launched by Sirius Labs, in partnerships with Chia Network.
This event is aimed to attract strong technical teams or developers to see what can be built on Chia Network. Sirius Labs offers 500,000 USD as prize pool. A final prize of up to 100,000 USD will be delivered to the winners and even seed funding offering from 500,000 USD to 1,000,000 USD. The first 100 teams who successfully submit the project will also get a limited edition NFT!
- Pre-Submission is open now on our website SRS.vc, for programmers, developers and teams to upload demo of Chia-related projects.
- Official Submission: The precise date for submission will be subject to Chia Network’s schedule, which will be released on our website and social media. Github repository link must be provided for official submission.
- Please follow our twitter to get most updated. Developers can also communicate and find teammates in our reddit and discord group.
- Chialisp Training Camp: Training course on Chialisp language will be held at the begin-ning of the Hackathon to give instructions on how to develop with Chialisp, which in-crease the chance to stand out in the hackathon. The tutors include technical experts of Chia Network: Matthew Hauff、Matt Howard、Adam Kelly、Richard Kiss and Chialisp expert: Waylon Wu.
- Final Round: Finalists will be required to present their final products to a panel of judg-es. Well-known developers, capital firms and media will also join this workshop, which en-compasses a series of events including an online live stream, AMA, meet-ups, etc.
Create and Build_：
Since its official launch, Chia is constantly gaining international recognition. The amount of mining equipment across the network has reached an ideal level. The number of global farm-ers is estimated to reach 50,000 to 100,000, which is enough to establish a large number of POC-based cloud services. With the infrastructure growing rapidly, the expansion of Chia ecosystem shall be given priority.
Chia is based on a proof-of-space-time consensus algorithm. PoST adopts Verifiable Delay Function, which can make the network well resistant to external attacks, and PoST enables lower gas fees and faster transactions on Chia network. As the green Bitcoin (BTC) alternative, Chia is suitable for the development of decentralized applications.
Chia is currently at a very early stage, with few ecosystem projects. The theme of the Hacka-thon is Create and Build_, and has a specific focus, which can include Better Layer2, Storage, DeFi and NFT, etc.
- Chialisp training Live Streaming
- Chialisp Tutorial Video
- Chialisp learning documents
- Global event
- Online Workshop(10 Mins)
- Live Q&A session
- New programming language-Chialisp based
- Fix Blockchain pain points
- Grand prize offered
- Limited edition NFT
- Incubation possibilities
- Meet up with investment capital
Access SRS.vc and pre-submit your projects. Official submission will be open on Devpost and Dorahacks when we get Chialisp Training Camp ready.
If you have successfully submitted your project on SRS.vc, a confirmation email will be sent within 3 working days.
Guests of Honor&Mentors：
More about Hackathon: